Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday

Hello!
So I have been at the center for 3 days and things are going very well.
The children are at the center 8-12:30 and after 12:30 I work with the teachers to prepare for the next day and make plans. I have been working mostly with three girls. One of the girls has made considerable progress with using signs and imitating signs. I work with her in the classroom and during snack time. She has even attempted a few sounds which is brand new for her! I work with the teachers and Dr. Payne to develop goals and plans for each specific situation and behavior. I am learning so much! I am making friends with two teachers from Egypt, and they are very sweet to me. At the end of our class they get me "Nescafe" and snack. Tonight I will go to bible study with the Paynes and tomorrow night to a cultural event. I have adjusted to the time difference and the food. The pictures are of Star Fruit drive up smoothie stand and Linnea (the Payne's daughter). It rained yesterday so I didn't get many pictures. I will post more tomorrow~!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good trip so far...make sure you are being safe...don't go anywhere alone (do I sound like Bill or what!?) And, make sure you eat lots of good food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great experience so far! It's great to be able to do something useful. I hope you'll gain a lot from your trip! Love your pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle!!! How great! :) Progress already...of course, you're created for this kind of stuff. I'm sure these kids are loving you and can't wait til you show up the next day. I'd like to hear about how Bible study went tonight too.
    Your pix are good and helps put a visual to little bits of what you're experiencing.
    Thanks for keeping us updated!
    love you girly.

    ReplyDelete